Retaining wall installation
Need a high quality retaining wall at affordable prices? Get the installation of retaining walls for both residential and commercial purposes.
We can help you find the retaining wall solution that best suits your site, style and budget.
Benefits of Retaining Wall Installation
Retaining walls can have a range of benefits including:
- Add value to your property.
- Can add usable space to your property
- Affordable prices
- Increase the versatility of a space.
Retaining wall materials
Timber retaining walls are very popular because they look great. However, there is a range of different materials to choose from that can also meet your needs.
Some of the retaining wall materials you have to choose from include:
- Timber: A number of different timer types can be used. Commonly used timber types include treated pine, treated hardwood and railway sleepers.
- Concrete: Concrete can be used as poured concrete but also as concrete blocks and concrete bricks.
- Brick: Bricks can be used as either bare or as rendered.
- Natural stone boulders: Natural stone can look great but can be more time consuming and expensive than other materials.
Types of retaining walls
There is a range of different types of retaining walls including:
- Sheet piling
- Soil nailing
- Bored pile
- Mechanical stabilization
Each type has its advantages, disadvantages and where they should or shouldn’t be used. They also have different cost structures.
Costs / Price
The cost structure will depend on:
- the type of materials used;
- the height;
- the length;
- the design and planning requirements;
- any excavation required;
- any drainage requirements;
- where you are located; and
- if your job is urgent.
Contact us for a quote of your specific project. However, here are some general guidelines about the typical costs:
- $250 to $350 /m2 for treated timber (pine)
- $300 to $450 /m2 for treated timber sleepers (hardwood)
- $300 to $550 /m2 for sandstone blocks
- $400 to $680 /m2 for reinforced concrete blocks
- $550 to $700 /m2 for concrete besser blocks
For more information on the Retaining walls, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a quote.
You might also be interested in fence installation.